Here are some observations regarding MRVC rakes which I made today:
1. I got a chance to observe the yellow faced rake very closely. Instead
of simply applying yellow paint over the original black paint, WR has
painted the entire cabs again. The paint quality is much better than what
ICF churns out.
2. 107 57-58, the latest rake to enter service, has already rusted a lot.
3. Rake 107 68 is in BCT carshed, being commissioned.
4. In Jogeshwari yard, a composite rake consisting of coaches from WR’s
207 53-56 and CR’s 107 33-36 is lying idle.
5. Some coaches from WR’s 207 53-36 are in a bad state in KILE,
completely covered with dust.
6. There are a couple of rakes behind KILE carshed, awaiting their turn
to be commissioned.