Yesterday I got another opportunity to travel in Bombardier rake from Vasai to Borivali, a 25 minute journey. The rake was 5005 again. It had a clear stretch of track which enabled our motorman to use full potential of the train.
Coincidentally yesterday the rake completed 7 months in service. This very rake was the first to be commissioned on 18th March 2015. Some highlights from the journey:
- Like the first journey, the interior felt pleasant this time too.
- A couple of grab handles were broken
- The hexagonal grab handle is indeed an obstruction in peak hours. My train was as crowded as a peak hour train, hence got first hand experience. It was necessary to change it.
- The seats are made up of blue and grey material. The blue portion tends to come out from the seat, like in the following image:
- A couple of plastic grab handles were broken.
- Forced ventilation was working well.
- Performance was flawless. Even with full load, it had no problems in achieving speeds of 100 kmph. The ride was absolutely smooth without any jerks.
- Apart from seats, I would say that the interior has held up pretty well in the last 7 months.